Today we studied the Creation in Sunday School...
and heard talks about Jehovah of The Old Testament...
I am SO GRATEFUL for both!!
Without the Creation we would not be here, we would not have the chance to be families, to learn and grow, to gain our bodies and experience the miracle of this life. How grateful I am for the knowledge and understanding of just how miraculous the Creation is and what this means to me and to ALL of God's Children. Our teacher made some great comparisons and I really liked this one..."For God to explain the Creation to us is the same as explaining how a plane flies to a 5 year old, how do you do it so that they understand and it doesn't just pass them by with NO understanding." (of course paraphrased) Hence forth the explanation in the Bible of the Creation, is as if God explaining something to us that we just CAN'T grasp and yet helping us to understand it in the SIMPLEST of terms.
I really liked thinking of it this way and knowing I don't have to understand how it all happened, but just trust my LOVING God and know that he is in control of this GRAND plan of his and that Christ has followed it with the DEEPEST of DEVOTIONS and has paved the path for Me and You.

JEHOVAH
I have to admit that I learned something new today that me a member my whole life with a strong testimony should have known. Jehovah in the Old Testament IS CHRIST. I guess I may have known, just never gave it great thought to realize it. Another thought our teacher shared with us from a talk (I believe) was... The Old Testament is the Testament of Jehovah (Jesus Christ of the Spirit), the New Testament is the Testament of Jesus Christ and his mission of the Flesh, and the Book of Mormon and D&C another Testament of Jesus Christ. All four Standard Works being Testament of Him.
How GRATEFUL I am for all The Savior has done and will do for me and all of us. I am grateful for this knowledge and for the love I have and feel from God and His Son and that I have for them.
This Gratitude fills my heart, body, and Soul. I pray that I will always be true to this knowledge, and what the responsibility each of us has being a Child of God and all that in tells.
1 comments:
Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I thought your comment in class about making sure we take care of what we have been given was great.
Post a Comment